Research on Social Media and Learning Communities:

I want to explore soccer skills on Facebook because I hope to find communities where people share useful skills and information. There are lots of groups sharing soccer skills. I joined one called ‘Soccer Training – Drills, Tactics & Tips,’ which has 65 thousand members. The group has, on average, 8 feeds updated every day. By browsing the content, I see several topic domains being shared, including tactics, professional team drills, and questions from players or coaches. I also found that there are almost no comments and discussions under each feed. I think this may be because my search keywords are too general, causing members to lack connections.

Building Your Personal Learning Network (PLN):

Currently, I only use LinkedIn for networking. It is an important tool to connect me with experts and gain useful information from my field of interest. I’m planning to explore more on LinkedIn to discover more career opportunities and professional networks. I can participate more in discussions and raise more questions to connect with thought leaders.

I think Twitter is an ideal PLN for discussion and sharing because its real-time communication function lets me get direct information from professionals and academics. I can join the conversations and get instant feedback. I can also post live tweets during live seminars.

Setting Professional Goals and Engaging with the Community:

When choosing social media platforms for my PLN, I focus on my career interests,which is in digital marketing. I use LinkedIn to connect with other professionals and Twitter for browsing updates from my intended companies and participating discussions. On LinkedIn, I share articles and my own posts about marketing trends. I also join Twitter chats during marketing events to learn and network effectively.

Protecting Your Information and Ensuring Ethical Behaviour:

To keep my personal information safe, I use strong passwords and enable two devices authentication on my social media accounts. I make sure to share content responsibly by crediting sources and confirming the accuracy of the information I post. This helps me maintain a trustworthy profile and respect others’ work.

Privacy Concerns and Online Participation:

My concern for privacy affects how much I share and join online communities. I feel uncomfortable about platforms that ask for too much personal information and prefer those with clear privacy settings. I will always control my posts’ content and personal details. This will make me feel secure and comfortable while interacting online.